Easy Thai Cucumber Salad Recipe
This cucumber salad recipe is easy to make and brimming with the quintessential tastes of Thai cooking. And it takes only 10 minutes to make!
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then repeat with each half until you have a number of long strips. Now slice the other way to dice the cucumber. Place in a salad bowl.
- Add the shallot, green onion, chilli/red pepper, and coriander to the cucumber (keep back a little extra coriander to garnish the salad).
- Combine the dressing ingredients together in a cup, stirring to dissolve the shrimp paste. Tip: that the dressing will taste pungent now, but will be perfect once it is on the salad.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- To serve, scoop or slide salad onto a serving platter or place in a serving bowl. Top with the ground/chopped peanuts, plus extra coriander. If desired, garnish with a slice of lime. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.*