This cucumber salad recipe is easy to make and brimming with the quintessential tastes of Thai cooking. And it takes only 10 minutes to make!
Easy Thai Cucumber Salad RecipeThis cucumber salad recipe is easy to make and brimming with the quintessential tastes of Thai cooking. And it takes only 10 minutes to make!
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then repeat with each half until you have a number of long strips. Now slice the other way to dice the cucumber. Place in a salad bowl.
- Add the shallot, green onion, chilli/red pepper, and coriander to the cucumber (keep back a little extra coriander to garnish the salad).
- Combine the dressing ingredients together in a cup, stirring to dissolve the shrimp paste. Tip: that the dressing will taste pungent now, but will be perfect once it is on the salad.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- To serve, scoop or slide salad onto a serving platter or place in a serving bowl. Top with the ground/chopped peanuts, plus extra coriander. If desired, garnish with a slice of lime. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.*