Indian flat bread is also popularly known as chappathi
Indian flat bread (chappathi)Indian flat bread is also popularly known as chappathiChief Chef
- Mix water with flour as needed .Instead of water, you can also use yoghurt or milk. The dough must be smooth and just the right softeness - medium. Keep adding water/ yoghurt/ milk as required and continue to knead till you get the right consistency.
- After it is done, cover and set it aside for 10-15 minutes to rest.
- Divide the dough into equal portions, roughly the size of a golf ball. Roll between your palms, applying a gentle pressure, till the balls are smooth and without cracks.
- Roll them into 4" to 6" circles . Lightly coat on both sides with flour to prevent the dough from sticking as you roll the Chapati.
- Heat a pan on a medium flame and put the rolled out Chapati on it to cook.
- Use a spatula to turn it on to its other side.